Re: FF:...sigh....went to the doctor yesterday....

Don't worry about family sized portions - that just means you don't have
to cook for a few days!  Most recipes are pretty easy to cut in half, too,
or to double so that you use the whole grapefruit... It truly is a pain to
juggle in a strict diet to a busy lifestyle (trust me - I know how you
feel), but it's worth it.  And pretty soon it gets very exciting, as you
experiment with new foods, spices, flavorings, etc.  Course, you have some
pretty bad meals a few nights when an experiment goes wrong and you don't
have time for anything else...

My big recommendation - buy a breadmaker and a rice/vegetable steamer.
That will save you gobs of time.

--Dave, who will be in San Diego soon and will try to arrange for nice
weather.