Breakfast & comment for Oregonians

Greetings everyone,

I have been wanting to post the two favorite breakfasts in our house for
a while.  Now that someone has asked, I'm finally getting around to it
(life with a new baby...).  They are both variations on oatmeal.  Both
recipes call for quick cooking oats.  I just use regular oats and cook it
a little longer.

Pineapple Oatmeal
recipe derived from Pillsbury classic cookbook  #103 - A Fresh Approach
to Breakfasts and Lunches

1 1/2 cups water
8 oz can of crushed pineapple - do not drain
1 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. raisins
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon

In a microwave safe bowl, combine water and crushed pineapple.  Microwave
on high about 6 minutes or until boiling.  Stir in everything else.
Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture begins to thicken
(2 minutes if using regular oats).  Cover and let stand a few minutes.

Apple Harvest Oatmeal
This recipe is from my sister and I have no idea where she got it.

1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/2 c. oats, quick
1+ cups chopped peeled apples
2 T. raisins
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon

1) In medium saucepan, bring milk and water to boil.
2) Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until thick.  Cover and let
stand a few minutes.

For those of you that live in Oregon & SW Washington, Oregon Public
Broadcasting (OPB) will be broadcasting Love & Survival w/ Dean Ornish on
Friday March 20 at 8pm , repeated Sunday March 22 at 1:00 am.  I thought
you might want to know.

Enjoy,
Lisa Rishel

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]