RECIPE Tomato salad with basil, lemon, and balsamic <tested>

I felt dumb making a tomato salad from a cookbook recipe. I figured
that a tomato salad is a tomato salad. This one *sparkles*, probably
because of the lemon zest. I've started using lemon zest on all sorts
of things since then......

When you buy or pick tomatoes, don't put them in the refrigerator,
keep them at room temperature. They'll taste better. This only applies
to whole tomatoes.

The more different types of tomatoes you can find, the better the
salad gets. If you can find weird looking but yummy heirloom ones in a
farmer's market, you will really enjoy this salad.

	 Tubb's Tomato Salad (minus the oil)
	 Adapted from "The Inspired Vegetarian"
	 By Louise Pickford

	 Takes about 5 minutes to assemble and 30 minutes of sitting
	 time.

     8 large ripe red tomatoes, thinly sliced
     8 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or thinly sliced
     3 or 4 sundried tomatoes, soaked in boiling water till soft
     1 or 2 lemons (you only need the rind)
     handful of fresh basil leaves
     2 or 3 Tablespoons good quality balsamic (or however much you like)
     salt & pepper

     1. Arrange fresh tomatoes nicely on platter.
     2. Chiffonade basil leaves by rolling a few leaves together and
	   then slicing across to form thin leaf slices.
     3. Sprinkle basil over tomatoes.
     4. Grate lemon zest over basil
     5. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over basil.
     6. Season with salt and pepper and let flavors develop.

     Makes a nice appetizer when served with good bread.