Stuffed pumpkin

Here's an easy and non spicy dish which my (meat-eating) husband loves:

Stuffed Butternut Pumpkin

Cut pumpkin in half lengthwise amd remove the seeds and stuff in the
middle., and cook in the microwave until almost soft.  Then scoop out enough
of the pumpkin flesh to make a good big hole for stuffing.
While the pumpkin is cooking I peel and dice a few potatoes, chop an onion,
and maybe add a carrot as well.  Cook these in the microwave until soft,
remove and mash, but don't totally pulverise them - a bit of texture is
good.  Now I add some chopped mushrooms and frozen peas, and cook again. Add
the pumpkin flesh you removed earlier, then mix all together, adding a bit
of skim milk or substitute if it looks a bit dry.
Pile into the pumpkin halves, and cook again until it is all heated thru and
the pumpkin is cooked.

I usually add a sprinkle of cheese on top (of course you would try to use
fat-free, but we can't get it here!!)

A few mild herbs added with the mushrooms is a nice addition (eg. rosemary,
thyme, something like that), but leave it out if you don't like it.

If I have some left over rice or cooked barley, that is nice too, plus just
abou t any other veges you have!!

I hope this makes sense - its a pretty vague recipe - I just put in what is
at hand, and it usually works out fine.

Hope you like it.

Annabel