Brown rice

Hi, all,

First of all, I want to say up front that all of you who own rice cookers are
making me extremely jealous and I want you to stop it RIGHT NOW!!  <wink>

Second, to poor Shell with the stinky burned rice - yes, you must use more
water when cooking brown rice than white.  I still use my little old fashioned
pan on my stove and use 1 part brown rice to 3 parts water, where I used to
use 1 part white rice to 2 parts water.  I also use the same proportions with
wild rice, and assume the same adjustment would have to be made no matter what
cooking method you use.

I hope someone can help you with ideas to clean that nonstick surface - I know
it can be a bear to clean when it burns.