RE: yet another fatfree cornbread

I really enjoyed this fatfree cornbread from Dr. Dean Ornish's Everyday
Cooking.

Perfect Fatfree Corn Bread

1 cup unbleached flour (I used half ww pastry flour)
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup nonfat milk (I used soy milk)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites (I used 1/4 cup Wondraslim liquid egg replacer)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 8 inch nonstick pan lightly with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and
salt. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, and egg whites.

Put the prepeared pan in the oven to prehat for a minute or two while you
combine the ingredients; take care not to overheat as spray burns easily.

Add dry ingredients to lqiuid ingredients. Stir lightly just to blend; do not
overmix. Pour into prepared preheated pan. Bake until top is lightly browned
and springs back when touched, about 20 minutes.

Serving size: 1/8 of the corn bread
Calories: 152; Fat: .05mg; Cholesterol: .5mg; Carbohydrate: 31.3g; Protein:
5.0g; Sodium: 323.3mg

My kids loved this!
Jan Bennicoff