RE: Polenta

I never made it myself. For those of you who would like the easy way out-most
NFS's carry San Gennaro Polenta. It comes already made in a plastic tube.
Organic and Fatfree-comes in plain (unseasoned), Green Chili & Cilantro
(mildly spiced), dried tomato & basil, and garlic & basil.

Just cut the tube open, slice, and cook.
I brown it under the broiler.  I lightly spray a cookie sheet and  place the
slices (about 1/4 inch thick) on top. Then I lightly spray the tops. Brown in
the broiler about 5 minutes on each side. Depending on how brown you like it.
This method works great as the outside is crunchy and the inside is soft.
Serve with a dollop  or a river of your favorite fatfree pasta sauce on top
and some lowfat or nondairy grated cheese.
Jan Bennicoff