Rusks

Rusks are a mildly sweet bread-type thing that is baked twice to remove all
moisture so that it keeps for weeks in an airtight container.  It was
originally developed as a way-bread for travelers who had to bring food
that would last for a long journey.  Biscotti is a distant relative to
rusks.  Rusks are VERY hard and you need water or something with them.  I
like them because they are a little sweet, but are so hard that it takes a
while to eat one.  This keeps me from munching them as fast as I would
cookies!
Monica