Crispy Oriental Salad

Some wonderful person recently posted a "Crispy Oriental Salad" which hopefully
is in the archives by now if you missed it.  Thank you, thank you!  It was
absolutely fantastic, although I diverged a lot from the receipe.  I think it
would be good with nearly anything which crunches in it.

For you who eat this already, here are particular suggestions:  My version
added raw asparagus and fresh mushrooms and left out Chinese cabbage, bamboo
shoots, and lettuce (all due to what was in the fridge at the time!). This left
only fresh bean sprouts as the primary "base" which worked fine!  I'd also like
to add baby corn (Chinese, canned) and water chestnuts.

Thanx again for this excellent salad.