Re: amaranth

Bronwyn Ward <WARDB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> could someone tell me what amaranth is.

Amaranth is an ancient grain.  The Aztecs grew it; the ancient Greeks and
Christians also knew of it.  The latter two groups considered it a symbol
of immortality, as the plant happens to look pretty much the same dried as
it does fresh.

I've never had the grain itself, though I've had breakfast cereal made
from it.  Tasted pretty decent...

http://www.nysite.com/nature/flora/amaranth.htm is a pretty good page for
info on the plant.

Why do I know about amaranth?  My husband named his company (Amaranth
Networks Inc.) after it! :)

Faith

--
Faith                       |"Censorship ends in logical completeness when
faith@xxxxxxxxx             |nobody is allowed to read any books except the