The difference between brown and white rice

I got to thinking about how best to quantify the difference between brown and white rice.  IMO the taste of brown rice is vastly superior to white rice but what about people who don't feel that way?

I went to check the USDA site to find out the difference between brown and white rice.  To check it out for yourself I will provide you with the links.  (Thanks Michelle for providing the links to the database on the Fatfree homepage:))

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/etext/000020.html#xtocid2381816

I tried to compare apples and apples so to speak so I compared Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked with Rice, white, long-grain, parboiled, cooked, enriched since most people who use white rice use the enriched stuff.

With the exceptions of Calcium, Iron, Folate and Thiamin and the amino acid Cystine brown rice had higher levels in every one of  a list of 15 vitamins and minerals.  Also, in the list of amino acids (the building blocks of protein) brown rice had higher levels across the board except for the previously mentioned Cystine.  So you see there is a difference between brown and white rice.  Only you can decide if the differences are important enough to switch.

Tuffy