quinoa and leeks

I have tried quinoa a few times and found it to be very bland.  Any tips
on how to make it more interesting and what should it taste like?

I see many recipes with leeks.  I assume it is a vegie, but what does it
look and taste like.  Is is similar to spinach in taste?

For the person inquiring about preservatives in soy milk, I buy organic
Westsoy and I thought it didn't have any.  I have to look when I go
home.

Karen