SAD

> Hi.  I am new to the list, having subscribed about 1 month ago.  I
> find it
> very informative and interesting, and it reminds me that I'm not the
> only
> one eating all this "wierd" stuff as my son calls it.  I have a
> question...
> I see people referring to "my SAD son" or SAD husband, etc.  What
> does SAD
> stand for? I haven't been able to figure it out.  Also, what is the
> difference between vegetarian and vegan?  I know this is pretty
> basic, but
> you have to start somewhere, right?  I am following Dean Ornish's
> program
> and really appreciate all the hints I am getting.  Thanks!

SAD stands for Standard American Diet. I couldn't figure this one out a
couple of years ago either!

A vegetarian doesn't eat any meat, fish, or poultry. But eats eggs and
dairy.

A vegan doesn't eat any meat, fish, poultry, eggs or dairy. Some are
ethical vegans and won't use or buy leather or anything that's made by
abusing animals.

Then there's all different shades of vegetarians inbetween...laco-ovo
and a bunch of other ones!

Welcome to the list! I hope you learn alot!

Andrea....in cold Indiana