Red Lentils

Over the weekend, I was in dire need for some good vegie stew.  I meant to
use lentils as the base, but only had a very small amount of brown lentils.
 I found, however, a pound of red lentils; never having tried them before,
I was a bit hesitant.  But I threw them into a stock pot with lots of water
and a bag of "fiesta vegetables" (lima beans, carrots, broccoli, red bell
peppers, corn).  After about 1/2 hour, I threw in a couple of cubes of
vegetable boullion and a packet of imitation chicken noodle soup.  In 10
minutes, it was done--and so delicious my SAD 14-year-old has kept dipping
back into the pot until it's almost all gone!

Jane

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA