Re: Pressure Cookers

Two thoughts on pressure cookers,  from bitter experience:

Be careful with beans and grains.  First of all, they can foam up and clock your pressure valve unless you put some oil in as well (I'm not sure if it is a teaspoon or a tablespoon).  Secondly, you cannot monitor the cooking, so the grains, etc. can absorb all of the water without your knowing it and scorch the bottom of the cooker.  The Vegetarian book that you bought is excellent.  She has a suggestion for using too much water when you cook wild rice and then draining off the excess.  We use that approach on all grains.