Winter Wonderland Stew

Hi! We tried this stew from the Press-Telegram's "Rookie Cookie" section for kids and found it quite tasty. We changed it a little, but the name is theirs:

Winter Wonderland Stew

2 cups broth
2 potatoes, diced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 can cut tomatoes, undrained, any variety (14-1/2 oz.)
1 can green beans, undrained (15-1/4 oz.)
1 can corn, undrained (11 oz.)
1 can creamed corn (8-3/4 oz.)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup instant mashed potatoes (I used Trader Joe's garlic)

Heat broth over medium heat in large pot until boiling. Add diced potatoes, bring back to boil, and cook 5 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients except for mashed potatoes. Bring to low boil, cover and cook 20 minutes.

Stir in mashed potatoes until well-mixed.  Serves 4.

The original recipe called for 1 potato, 1/4 onion, 15-1/4 oz. can drained tomatoes, 15-1/4 oz. can drained corn, 15-1/4 oz. can drained lima beans and 1/2 tsp. pepper.  We found that was pretty peppery, but tasty.

---
Sherron, Poi Boy & Jazzy
La Palma, California (but my heart is in Hawaii)
See our rats at: http://users.deltanet.com/~dwp/ratgallery.html