Speedy International Stew, (sort of)

Ruth Hoffman's/McDougall Speedy International Stew reminded me of
a recipe I got from this list a couple of years ago.  It's a real
staple at our house when we're too rushed or too tired to fix dinner.

1/2 onion chopped
1 t garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic)
1 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes (Italian, Mexican, or Cajun)
1 15-ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
1 16-ounce can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
1 cup of cooked brown rice
1 10-oz. package of frozen spinach.
2 T chopped fresh cilantro.

Dry saute onion and garlic powder, adding about a tablespoon of
water to deglaze.  Dump everything else in the pan and cook for
about 5 minutes (until the spinach is hot).  Add the cilantro.

In our house, this serves two people and gives me two lunches to
take to work.

Alex in foggy Sacramento, CA