Re: Food Processors

I love my food processor, which was a Valentine's Day gift from my husband
a couple of months after my bypass surgery in 1994.  The point was to make
it easier to get serious about a vegetarian lifestyle, and it has done just
that.  I use mine for everything that others have described here--chopping,
slicing, shredding veggies; pureeing soups, tofu, and sauces; chopping
herbs; whipping egg whites (takes an extra little attachment); everything
but kneading the bread--I looooove getting my hands into the bread dough!

When recipes say "diced" or "cubed", I often cheat and use the food
processor for that too.  So it doesn't look as pretty.  I don't always
care.  If it says "chunked", I can handle THAT by hand.  I am really a very
lazy soul.  :-)

Mine (food processor, not soul) is a KitchenAid, which I love for its
clean, rounded lines.  They make
it very easy to keep clean, unlike its predecessor, the blender with the
thousand sharp corners and angles, and the toaster, stupidly designed with
ledges around the toast holes and the whole top so you can brush the crumbs
neither IN nor OUT.

Like someone else who wrote, I leave my food processor and my toaster out
on the counter.  Well, also my rice cooker.  The food processor gets used
probably 5 nights out of 7.

--Ruth

Ruth C. Hoffman     ruthhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel Proust