risotto recipe

Here is another good recipe from Lorna Sass' Cooking Under Pressure:

RisoTTo WITH WINTER SQUASH

In this luscious risotto, the squash cooks down into a sweet pur6e that
gives the rice a light amber color.  The sage provides a tantalizing herbal
backdrop.
If you're not using Parmesan cheese, you'll probably want a bit more salt
or a dash of balsamic vinegar to sharpen the flavors. Serves 4-6

I tablespoon olive oil

I cup finely chopped shallots or onions

Generous teaspoon dried sage leaves
I 1/2cups arborio rice

31/2to 4 cups vegetable stock

I pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into
1-inch chunks (about 3 cups) I teaspoon salt, or to,taste

1/4cup freshly grated ff Parmesan cheese (optional) or balsamic vinegar to
taste

Freshly grated pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

  Water saute  the shallots or onions over medium high heat, stirring
frequently, for I minute.  Add the sage and rice, stirring to coat the rice
with the oil.  Stir in 3/2 cups of the stock (stand back to avoid
sputtering oil) and bring to the boil.  Add the squash and salt.
Lock the lid in place.  Over high heat, bring to high pressure.  Lower the
heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.  Reduce
the pressure with a quick release method.  Remove the lid, tilting it away
from you to allow any excessive steam to escape. . If the risotto isn't
creamy, stir in a bit more stock.  Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until the rice achieves the desired consistency (it should be
tender but chewy) and the squash is partially pursed.  Stir in the ff
Parmesan (if using) or vinegar, pepper, and parsley.  Serve immediately in
shallow soup bowls.