Re: I hope our listowner Michelle is safe and dry

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:06:43 -0800  kelly_carney@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just realized our listowner Michelle Dick lives somewhere near the
> flooding in E. Palo Alto. I hope she is safe.  I saw reports that
> E. Palo Alto near highway 101 was having quite a bit of trouble and
> roads were closed.

Thanks for your concern and good wishes.  Our street flooded badly but
the worst of it stopped about 2 blocks away (we're almost on the
highest section of the road).  We didn't lose anything, unlike the apt
complex on the corner that had their undergound garage with cars
completely filled with water.

We're worried about the rains due the end of this week but have
sandbagged the house and hopefully will be OK.  If the system running
fatfree goes down, mail will be queued at a machine in San Jose not at
risk from flooding.  If even that one goes, mail will be queued at a
machine in Washington.  :-)  So the show will go on in any case.

--
Michelle Dick       artemis@xxxxxxxxx       East Palo Alto, CA