Re: TVP question

When I reconstitute tvp, I usually add about 1 T ketchup and a little
(maybe 1/4 tsp) Kitchen Bouquet to make 1 cup reconstituted tvp.  Kitchen
Bouquet looks to be vegetarian according to the label.  It's mostly
caramel with a vegetable base.  It's common use is to give gravies a nice
dark color.  You should be able to find it in the grocery store with the
Worcestershire sauce and steak sauces.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)