like coconut). Also it is possible to make these vegan.

	Date: 21 Sep 1994 15:07:12 GMT
	Lorraine.Brooks@xxxxxxxxxx (Lorraine Brooks)

	These are so incredibly chocolatey and rich that you won't need icing.

	Fudgy Brownies

	1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
	3/4 cup unbleached flour
	1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar (1 cup works just fine)
	2 egg whites ( egg replacer for 2 eggs )
	1/2 cup applesauce
	1 tsp. baking powder
	1/2 tsp salt
	1 tsp. vanilla
	1 Tbsp kahula
	1 Tbsp peanut butter

	walnuts	(Lorraine's recipe called for them, I didn't use them)

	Spray 8 x 8 pan w/ Pam.  In medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour,
	baking powder & salt.  (measure ingredients before sifting)

	Combine peanut butter with kahlua warmed in the microwave. It
	will be kind of gluey.

	In large bowl, mix kahlua/pb with sugar. It will be kind of
	crumbly and won't mix entirely.

	Wisk in egg [replacer] , applesauce & vanilla.
	Combine	flour mixture w/ egg mixture.  (Add nuts, if using them)
	Bake 35-40 minutes @350!

	NOTES:	I had success with EnerG egg replacer.
		Also, this time I replaced 1/4 cup of the flour with
		the same amount of the King Arthur White Wheat.
		(Didn't want them to be too heavy)

	Also worked with decreasing applesauce slightly and using only
	1 cup sugar. (Great but not fatfree with walnuts.)

kwvegan vegan