Re: Pozole

>From: "Zoe Sodja" <zoe_sodja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I went to a brunch the other day  - most of the things were vegetarian and
>pretty lowfat. But they had this posole there with pork in it and I remembered
>how I used to love posole. Does anyone have a ff vegetarian version?

I'll try to actually write down (and test what I've written!) my recipe for
pozole and send it to you. I fell in love with the soup after a friend of
mine from Vera Cruz fixed it for me!

But in the meantime, if you have a favorite pozole recipe, as I do, just
substitute pinto beans for the meat. I use canned mostly and when I have
the time, dried, soaked and simmered according to the package instructions.
I'm not sure, though, that pozole can ever qualify as completely ff because
of the hominy. And pozole *is* hominy and hominy is pozole!

Good stuff, though.

Beverly Brandt, Director of Training
Connect, Inc
314-205-8580