Food Processors

Sandy,
	The answers are no, no, and sometimes.  I just put my processor's parts in
the dishwasher with the rest of the dishes, so it's no bother at all.
They're not dangerous because you have to have the lid properly fastened
(at least on all of them I've ever seen working) in order for it to start,
and the top opening is too long for fingers to reach any cutting surfaces.
As for the noise, mine is very loud, but someone told me that hers (Kitchen
Aid?) wasn't.  So I guess you'd have to try them out in advance to know for
sure.  I wouldn't use it in a bathtub full of water, but can't think of any
other way for it to be dangerous.  I really love mine.

Jane (who uses her pressure cooker but nearly has a stroke every time it
vents a little 	extra steam)

>OK, here's a question about the food processors... I'm terrifed of them.
>Are they hard to clean?  Are they dangerous to use around kids and
>animals?  Are they really loud?

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA