Avacado-less Guacamole

Got the idea from Mollie Katzen's Cooking show.
Didn't write down the recipe, so this is more a guide.
You'll need to defrost 1 cup of frozen peas and 1/2 cup of frozen green
beans (my addition to the original)

I put the following in my food processor and whirled until desired
consistency (whirled peas!)

Defrosted peas and green beans
1/4 cup bottled salsa (I used Green Mtn. Gringo Roasted Garlic; again,
not called for in original recipe)
1 minced garlic clove
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped red onion (or to taste)
lemon juice
Cilantro to taste (I used about 1/8 C chopped)

Once it is to desired consistency, add any of the following:

Diced tomatoes
More Cilantro
More Red onion
Bottled hot sauce

Mix and refrigerate for at least one hour.  I served it on a Christmas
appetizer buffet with homemade tortilla chips.  It was really pretty on
the table. I don't normally eat guacamole, so I have no idea if this
recipe even resembles it, but it sure does taste good.
--
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens