Lentil Pasta Sauce, passata & congrats

Hi, all,

My son has been very anti-healthy food for the last month or more so I went on
relative strike - he got what he was willing to make, which meant either
veggie hot dogs or peanut butter sandwiches (bleah!).  He finally, after all
this time, relented and asked me to make something healthy and swore he would
eat it.  He pulled out the container of red lentils and I made this recipe I
got from Veggies Unite, with the inevitable modifications...although the one
who loves my regular lentil stew recipe picked out the pasta and left the rest
:/

Marina's Lentil Pasta Sauce

1 cup red lentils
1 onion, chopped
1 large can stewed tomatoes, chopped
2T tomato paste (I didn't have any and snipped about 12 sundried tomato
halves)
1 veg bouillion cube (I don't use that - I used about 1 1/2T Dixie broth
powder)
1 cup water (she uses 2 but I thought it very watery)
1t black pepper
2T Italian herb blend
6oz pasta, cooked

Rinse the lentils and toss everything but the spices and pasta into a large
saucepan.  Boil for 20-30 minutes (her directions), add the spices and then
serve over the warm pasta.  This is very hearty and filling, NOT SPICY, with
only 1.4g fat per serving.

Calories: 458; cff: 14; sodium: 628mg; carbs:  86.5g; protein:  23.6g

Re:  passata - whizzing tomatoes in the blender sounds like tomato
puree....could it really be that simple???  Anybody speak Italian??

Re:  the 'Mardi Gras' wedding - what a great and creative idea...no one
objected to the informality?  My family would have hated it, but I think it
sounds like a lot of fun.  Happy seven-month anniversary and I hope you have
many healthy years to come.