Butternut Squash

Hello everyone,
  Thanks so much for the recipes.I am trying them all out and replying
after I've tried them.So far I find I like the squashes(they had Kabocha
yesterday but it looked too big to buy and waste.Would you use it the
same as butternut?)I love liquid smoke with beans and vegetables and on
baked potatoes but I HATE sweet potatoes.Have tried several different
ways but can't get my head around them at all.Perhaps because I haven't
got a sweet tooth :0)
   Anyway the store (Tesco) had a recipe magazine for sale and I bought
a copy and when I looked inside they had a voucher for squashes and a
recipe.I didn't have all the ingredients(hardly any to be honest)but I
adapted it and it was delicious.Very spicey but I really loved it.I
willgive the recipe here and will forward the original recipe in a
different post as this will be long enough

Cous cous with seven vegetables (Maralyn's version)

Cous cous is Morocco's national dish and seven is a lucky number there
so seven vegetables are used

1 large onion chopped
half a 150g pkt sundried tomatoes prepare as directed take care with
                                   seasoning as they are very salty
2 medium carrots cut in half and sliced in batons
1 red pepper sliced in batons
1/2 butternut squash peeled and cubed
1 large or 2 smaller courgettes(zucchini) sliced into batons similar
                                          size to carrots
equivalent of 1 15oz can beans (I used red and black as I had them in
                                 the freezer)
handfull sultanas (optional)
Cous cous I used one flavoured with herbs and garlic
1 vegetable stock cube    approx 4oz tomato juice (I used some tinned
                           that I had put through processor/juicer)
Chili to taste   2 tsp dried parsley  1 tsp each of coriander(cilantro)
                                       black pepper  turmeric
about 1" square piece of ginger sliced or 1 tsp dried ginger
salt to taste but take care as sundried tomatoes are salty

In large pan put onion, sundried tomatoes, stock cube about 1/2 pint
water, tomato juice and seasoning.Cook until onion  is tender stirring
occasionally.Keep covered.I also added the beans at this point
Add carrots, red pepper simmer for approx 15mins
Add  butternut squash, cougettes(zucchini)sultanas keep covered and
simmer for further 15mins or so.
You need at this point to check on the liquid if too dry add more water
or tomato juice but if too runny remove lid and cook off some of the
liquid.
Prepare couscous as directed
Serve and pile vegetables on top of couscous.Makes 2 good servings or 1
and plenty to reheat or take to work.
Regards
Maralyn