Foolproof way to cook rice

This is really a foolproof way for all rice. I am from New Orleans and rice
is our main staple - almost every day it's rice for us.
Simple boiled rice
1 cup of regular white rice
1 or more quarts of water (hot water out of faucet is OK)
Bring water to a rolling boil, add rice, stir well. Stir well again after 3
minutes, then stir and scrape bottom of pot when done.
BOIL FOR 13 MINUTES. START TIMING FROM THE TIME YOU PUT THE RICE IN THE POT.
When done pour contents of pot to drain in colander. Then rense rice with
hot faucet water.
You will find that the rice is fine textured, and the grains are separated -
not like the starchy, gooey, rice you usually find by using other methods.
To cook converted (Par-boiled), rice boil for 17 minutes.
For brown rice, boil for 13 minutes like white rice. Then put a grain of the
rice in your mouth and chew it gently to see that it is cooked through, if
not cook it till it is - checking every minute or two. Once you find the
correct time to cook it, you have it made.
NOTE: If some have told you that the rice cooking recipes that I gave you
aren't as nutritious as steaming rice - hummmmm - maybe so, I donno. I take
a vitamin and mineral capsule every day to supplement my diet for this very
reason. Good luck -
Cajun Joe