RE: Great Broccoli recipe

Hi everyone: I still haven't caught up with all those boxes, or all my Fatfree
digests, but I have managed to find a lot of good recipes, including this one
for ice tea. It's from The Ethnic Vegetarian Kitchen by Shanta Nimbark
Sacharoff. It's my favorite ice tea recipe and I often make 3-4 batches at a
time.

Indian Ice Tea

3 cups water
1 tablespoon loose black tea (or 3-4 orange pekoe tea bags)
4-8 fresh mint leaves (I use a handful as I love mint) or 1 Tb dried mint
3 cups ice water
juice of 3 lemons or limes
sugar or honey to taste
ice cubes

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and remove from heat. Add tea
leaves (put in tea infuser for less of a mess) and mint leaves (use tea
infuser for dried mint as well). Cover the pot and steep for 5 minutes. Remove
tea leaves and mint leaves. (For a more intense mint flavor leave mint in for
5 minutes longer.)
Strain if not using infusers, stir in honey or sugar (about 1/2 cup) until
dissolved. Add ice water and lemon or lime juice. Stir well and pour into
glasses with ice cubes.
Note: I have also tried this recipe using lemon balm instead of the mint. It
gives it a different taste and is also good.

This recipe from Vegetrian Times Vegt Entertaining is really yummy. You have
to be careful however that you don't overcook the beans. (It's still yummy,
but mushy.) the recipe is for 30 people so I had to make 1/3 recipe. We ate it
for two nights though. Good over rice.

Exotic Bean and Corn Medley

2-1/3 cups anasazi beans (or appaloosa, Jacob's cattle or calypso), soaked
overnight and drained
3-4 quarts water
2 Tbs vegt broth
2-1/3 onions, diced
5 cloves gralic, minced
2-1/2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
2 cups canned hominy kernals, drained
1 Tb dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste

In a very large saucepan, combine beans and water and bring to a simmer. Cook
uncovered over medium high heat until tender about 1-1/2 -2 hours.  Remove
from heat and cool slightly. Drain. ( I cooked beans in a pressure cooker-
about 15-20 minutes).
In another saucepan, heat vegt broth and saute onions and garlic for 4
minutes. Stir in cooked beans and remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered for
8-10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.

Per serving: originally this recipe called for a small amount of oil which I
subbed vegt broth So: I'm not sure exactly how much this effected the per
serving amounts.

Being rained on in rocky Missouri where there are nonetheless really stunning
hummingbirds!
Jan Bennicoff