banana bread again

I'm a little confused here.   I do have a recipe for banana bread that is SO
SIMILAR to the Bonanza Banana Bread ( which I will now refer to as BBB) that
everyone has been talking about on here lately.............and I do believe I
got the recipe I used off of this mailing list ( approximately 6 months ago).
When I first made it.........it was dynamite!    However, I discovered that I
had forgotten to use all 6 bananas - I had only used 5 as one banana had
slipped out of my view.  My bananas were very ripe the first time - almost all
brown.   I have since tried to make it 2 more times and I have not been
satisfied with it using the full 6 bananas.   One interesting thing I picked
up on when perusing other banana bread recipes using butter - is that one
smashed banana should equal 1/2 cup puree.   Keeping that measurement in mind
- I tried once more........and it still wasn't as good as the first time I
made it.   I don't know what I did then that was different.    I am curious
though as to what sized glass dish the original posters of the BBB used.   I
used a glass loaf pan and found the batter was always a bit much for the pan
and it cooked over the sides.     I am posting the recipe I used
below.......it was simply titled Banana Bread.

Banana Bread

6 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mash bananas, sugar and vanilla together.   Sift the dry ingredients together.
Mix the banana mixture with the dry and pour into loaf pan.  Bake for one hour
at 350 degrees.   Remove from pan and let cool before cutting.

I do not know the original poster of this recipe - please forgive me.   It may
actually be the same poster of the BBB........I just don't know.   The ONLY
difference between this recipe and the BBB recipe is ( if I saved it
correctly) is the addition of the cinnamon and BBB uses 1/2 tsp less of
vanilla and 1/2 tsp less of baking powder

Any suggestions or comments??

Suzanne