Recipe: Terri's Australian Tabouli

I am a long time lurker to this list but have only posted once before. I
have finally created something that I think is worth sharing. My husband
and I loved this salad. I think I would be great to take to a BBQ or meal
with SAD eaters. Don't worry if you can't get the can of chick pea salad,
you can easily make your own.

Terri's Australian Tabouli

1/2 cucumber, finely diced
1/2 purple onion, finely diced
1 tomato, seeds removed and finely diced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
2/3 cup of bulgar (cracked wheat)
pepper to taste
1 (425g) can of Edgell Chick Pea Salad*
*If you don't have the can of salad you can substitute:
       2 cups of cooked chick peas
       1/4 cup of corn
       1/4 cup of diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
       FF Italian salad dressing (vinegar and Italian spices)

Quantities are approximate. Use whatever proportions taste and look right
to you.

Add the bulgar to boiling water and simmer until soft. Drain and rinse with
cold water.
Remove the leaves from the parsley and finely chop. Add to a bowl along
with all of the other ingredients. Chill for about an hour before serving
to allow the flavours to mingle. Makes approximately 6 servings.

Terri

Ms. Terri Nowak
Information and Educational Services Division
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW  2308    AUSTRALIA
Phone from outside Australia +61-2-4921-8758
Fax from outside Australia +61-2-4921-6916
e-mail cctlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx