Alternative Sweetner

Clifton,

You may want to try stevia.  It is a small shrub native to S. America.  The
Guarani Indians have used it for centuries.  I'm not sure where you would
get it in the UK, but I get mine in a health food store in the US.  There is
a product called Stevita, and it is organically grown, naturally water
extracted, and there is a website.  www.fastlane.net/~petro/stevita.htm .
These folks actually sent out samples of the product, and they have mail
order.  The stevia I use is an liquid extract, and you only use three to
four drops in a cup of tea.  It is quite good.  Lynne