RE: Homemade salad dressings; sorbet

Re salad dressings: My current favorite is pureed plum tomatoes (which
thicken the dressing nicely), balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, pepper, and
sometimes a bit of onion, garlic, or brown sugar. I often add more diced
tomatoes to the puree and always pour lots of the dressing over the greens.

What I'd really like to have is the plum tomato dressing used at 82 Queen
in Charleston, SC, but without the oil. It was sensational. I am not good
at identifying ingredients, though, and haven't been able to duplicate the
taste. :(

Re sorbet: Any smoothie can be frozen, chopped up and beat with an electric
mixer or blended, and refrozen to make a delicious sorbet.