Tofu Recipe

This is a favorite at our house, even with my SAD husband.  It is quick and easy and very filling.   Got it from a website ages ago.  Enjoy!

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Tofu Scramble

Recipe By     : Health News, New Canaan, CT
Categories    : Entrees, Vegetarian              Tofu

   1      Lg            baking potatoes -- baked and cubed
  12      Oz            Tofu, Silken Lite Extra Firm -- drained and crumbled
     1/2  C             Onions -- chopped
     1/4  C             red bell pepper -- chopped
   1      C             mushrooms -- sliced
   1      Pinch         turmeric
   3      Tbsp          salsa
                        salt and pepper -- to taste

Saute scallions, mushrooms and red pepper in water or vegetable broth until soft.  Add the cubed (and cooked) baked potato and cook a few minutes longer.  Add the crumbled tofu, turmeric, salt and pepper and cook until heated through.  Add the salsa.

NOTES : This is delicious at any meal served on a bed of steamed spinach, with a tossed salad or stuffed into a whole wheat pita.