[no subject]

Here is my favorite pancake recipe, from my favorite cookbook, Simply
Vegan by Debra Wasserman.  The original recipe calls for oil and
soymilk; I substitute applesauce and rice milk, and fry 'em up on a
nonstick griddle. Superb!

Cindy's Light and Fluffy Pancakes

(Serves 4)

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer or cornstarch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup applesauce
1 3/4 to 2 cups rice milk
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar

Mix dry ingredients together.  Then add the remaining ingredients.

Make sure all the ingredients are mixed together well.  Batter should be
spongy -- not runny or thick.  Preheat frying pan over medium heat.
Pour a ladle full of batter into pan and cook on both sides until golden
brown.

kwvegan vegan

***END QUOTE***