Pizza Dough

To add to the great pizza dough debate:  I usually use half unbleached and
half whole wheat flour and sometimes add 1/4 cup barley  or quinoa flour for
a different taste. I borrow a friend's grinder and grind my own flour for
pizza dough and bread. I know whole wheat is healthier, but I don't like the
texture and denseness of totally whole wheat bread.
This is the recipe I use:

Mixed Grain Pizza Dough

1 Tb yeast					1-1/2 cups water
2 tsps salt					2 tb vegetable broth or apple sauce
1/4 tsp ground pepper		1-3/4 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cup barley flour		2 to 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour

Soak yeast in warm water until bubbly. Add salt, broth, pepper and enough
flour to make a fairly soft, nonsticky dough, Knead dough until smooth and
elastic. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place. Punch down dough, knead
briefly and divide into 2 pieces. Let rest for 10 minutes. ( I usually freeze
one of the pieces.) Roll out and stretch the piece of dough to fit a 13 inch
lightly sprayed pan or a large cookie sheet with sides. shape the dough so
that the edges are a little thicker and turned up to prevent filling from
spiling out. Let shell rise for about 15 minutes and spread with sauce and
your choice of toppings.
Preheat oven to 450o and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until nicely browned.
Makes 2 pizza shells.
JBennicoff