FF Raw Food recipes

Since *some* people get into FF eating because they are put on strict diets
to cure cancer and so on (rather than for weight loss), I thought I would
send you 2 recipes which may not please the "gourmets", but are suitable
for those on very spartan diets (I found they made a welcome change when I
was on a very restricted diet).

SALAD DRESSING
The following dressing is good over chopped or shredded cabbage (red &
white cabbage mixed - could also add grated carrot, etc.).

1 TBS	Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp	Ginger, grated (or more, to taste)
1	Apple, grated (with skin, if pesticide-free)
pinch	ground cardamom (optional)

Mix together and pour over the cabbage.  This is a rather spartan meal, but
when I was on a very strict raw vegetarian diet and got sick of eating dry
salads, this made them easier to eat.  It is quite pleasant tasting -
almost a dessert, by raw food standards!

RAW DATE SPREAD

1 cup	Dates (pitted, washed and chopped roughly)
1 TBS	Lemon Juice
1 tsp	RoseWater (optional)

Chop dates roughly and pack them firmly into a bowl.  Add lemon juice,
rosewater (if used) and sufficient water to barely cover the dates.
Refrigerate overnight, then puree using a blender (hand-held is easiest).
Store in a jar in the fridge.  Use as a topping for fruit desserts, or as a
spread on bread/crackers (if these are allowed).

BTW - some of the FF recipes around (not necessarily on this list) seem to
use a lot of salt and/or sugar (in its various guises) - wouldn't this
undermine health just as much as eating too much fat?  I am assuming that
the goal of FF/VLF eating *is* to achieve better health, rather than to eat
a poor diet while being able to proclaim that it is "low in fat" - or have
I missed the point?

Aussie Robin