Pumpkin Rice Pudding Cereal

Hi!  This is from this month's Weight Watcher's magazine.  IMHO it's a
little too sweet for breakfast, but makes a great dessert!  It has a
wonderful custardy top layer.

PUMPKIN RICE PUDDING CEREAL

1 c. water
1/2 c. uncooked jasmati rice (???  I used brown rice)
1 T. grated lemon rind
1 3-inch cinnamon stick (I used 1/4 t. ground cinnamon)
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/2 c. raisins
cooking spray

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice, lemon rind and
cinnamon stick.  Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or
until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.  Remove from heat; let
stand, covered, 10 minutes.  Discard cinnamon stick.

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Combine pumpkin and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a
whisk.  Stir in rice mixture and raisins.  Pour mixture into a 2 1/2
quart casserole coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 325 F for 15
minutes, and stir well.  Bake an additional 15 minutes, and stir well.
Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes (do not stir) or until a knife inserted in
center comes out clean.  Serve warm, or chilled.  Yield:  6 servings.

Per serving:  251 calories (5% from fat); 10 g protein; 1.5 g fat; 50.8
g carbo; 2.5 g fiber; 39 mg chol; 1.9 mg iron; 123 mg sodium; 251 mg
calcium