Okra

Although okra doesn't grow in the Northeast too well, that doesn't stop us
from eating it. We get ours from the Indian grocery.
This is an adaptation from the recipe my husband grew up with in the South.

Brad's Favorite Okra

2lbs okra, tops trimmed and chopped into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable broth
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
one 28 oz can whole tomatoes + juice  or 3-4 large  tomatoes, chopped
3 to 4 large cloves garlic, minced
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Throw everything into a large pot, cover, and cook on medium heat until
tender, about an hour.
Yum!
JBennicoff