re: persimmons

Hi Tiffany

The tomato shaped persimmons are also called sharon fruit. They are good when
they are not yet ripe (look and taste good in ordinary salads and fruit
salads) and even better when they are really ripe.

I used to have Russian workmates and one of them taught me their way of eating
persimmons. You let the fruit stay in room temperature until it starts to have
really ugly looking big brown/black spots. If they have some traces of mould,
the better. Then you take the persimmon, open it and eat the inside part with
a teaspoon. It's delicious! It's really sweet and the cinnamon taste is strong
and hearty.

Nora

"I do note with interest that old women in my books become young women on the covers... this is
discrimination against the chronologically gifted.
- Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett