pale TVP

Regarding the question about pale TVP, I have found a wonderful way to
make seitan and TVP darker.  Actually there are a couple of ways.  One
is to use Vegemite (or Marmite).  It's a yeast extract that is very dark
in color and kind of salty.  Another thing you can do is soak the TVP in
dark miso.  Or try using Kitchen Bouquet (I'm not sure if that is
totally vegan...).  Anyway, I made seitan using dark miso and produced
the very best batch I have ever done.  Ground some up in the blender and
used it in spaghetti and even my 21-year-old liked it.

Sally