Re: New fruit (?) for me!

>           And it was....a PERSIMMON!  It looked like a orange
>           bell-pepper to me but I assume it is a fruit as the sign
>           said "sweet and delicious."

Here in California there are two kinds of persimmons available in
stores.  I buy the Fuyu persimmons, which are firm and can be eaten
like an apple or pear.  I usually just slice one and eat it or slice
it and use it in fruit or vegetable salads.  No need to peel them.

The other kind--I can't remember its name--needs to be soft and ripe
before it is eaten.  I know the pulp is used in cookie and pudding
recipes but I don't know if it can be eaten out of hand.

Jane		jane@xxxxxxxxxx