Re: sausage gravy

>Hi Jan -
>
>Could you pass on your Gimme Lean sausage gravy recipe?  Sounds good!  I hate
>all meat imitations (hate meat, why would I want to eat subs?) except Gimme
>Lean sausage!  Thanks!
>
>-Rosemary

Well, it is not exactly a recipe, here's what I do....

Sort of break up the sausage as best I can, sprinkly it very lightly with
Wondra flour, maybe 2 tablespoons, brown and break apart in a not stick
pan, I use a potato masher to break it up, add in some chopped onions and
sometimes some sliced mushrooms, sometimes not, and just sautee until it is
sort of brown.  then add another 1/4 cup Wondra flour (you can use any
kind, the Wondra just doesn't lump).  Stir in about 2 cups low fat soy milk
(or skim dairy), cook and stir until thickened.  Add a good amount of black
pepper, it is plenty slaty for my taste.  Serve on mashed potatoes or
whatever.

Hope that helps.

Regards,   Jan  (jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx)

EcoVillage Ithaca, second neighborhood group-
looking for people to help plan the second neighborhood group.
for info:  http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/ecovillage/