[FATFREE Home] [Recipe Archive] [About the Mailing List and how to join]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Crowder peas


I live in the south and I have eaten what have been called crowder peas. 
 They are a lot like black eyed peas, in that they are creamy when 
cooked, but they seem to have a sort of redish tint.   Are they peas or 
beans?  Are they only called crowder peas or do they have another name. 
 How do you cook them?  Like BEPs?  


Durham, NC