To Gloria re roasted peppers

Hi,

   Steaming peppers in the microwave to soften and facilitate peeling is a
great suggestion.  I adore the microwave, don't get me wrong (::kneeling
before Barbara Kafka in praise of her books elevating the microwave to
something I can't live without::), but roasting is a whole different anima
.. er, vegetable.  The reason for roasting peppers is not for easier
peeling, it's for dropdeaddelicious flavor :).  However, I challenge you to
a very friendly comparison test (where we both do both techniques and
compare them), since I've read about but haven't actually tried the
microwave technique, so sold on roasting them am I.  It would be GREAT to
discover that they are comparable in flavor!

Wanna???  ;)

Katja