Intro/ovo-lacto biscuit recipe

My family and I have been aiming toward a vlf diet for about 3 months,
which is how long I've been lurking and enjoying your recipes. I have
some unique cooking challenges. My husband, who had heart bypass surgery
two months ago at age 45, needs to keep his calories way up but his fat
very low -- he's 6'3" and 150 pounds (and he's lactose and soy
intolerant as well as rather picky). I need to keep both fat and
calories low. Our 19-month-old son should not have his fat restricted
(although since he's still nursing that's less of a problem).

When I make something high-calorie and relatively lowfat (like roasted
chickpeas), invariably I like it too well while my husband isn't that
enthused.  Is anyone in a similar situation? Or have suggestions? I'm
sure this is a relatively common thread, and I apologize.

Here's a fat-free baking mix recipe that my husband loves. It's very
similar to the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster restaurants.

2 cups fat-free baking mix
2/3 cup nonfat cheddar cheese
2/3 cup skim milk.

Mix together. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes

While still hot, brush with mixture of

1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
2 T nonfat milk (or melted "nonfat" margarine. Molly McButter is also

This isn't real whole foodsy, but it's been useful in getting some
calories in my family.

Kathleen McKernan Whitfield