Intro/ovo-lacto biscuit recipe

My family and I have been aiming toward a vlf diet for about 3 months,
which is how long I've been lurking and enjoying your recipes. I have
some unique cooking challenges. My husband, who had heart bypass surgery
two months ago at age 45, needs to keep his calories way up but his fat
very low -- he's 6'3" and 150 pounds (and he's lactose and soy
intolerant as well as rather picky). I need to keep both fat and
calories low. Our 19-month-old son should not have his fat restricted
(although since he's still nursing that's less of a problem).

When I make something high-calorie and relatively lowfat (like roasted
chickpeas), invariably I like it too well while my husband isn't that
enthused.  Is anyone in a similar situation? Or have suggestions? I'm
sure this is a relatively common thread, and I apologize.

Here's a fat-free baking mix recipe that my husband loves. It's very
similar to the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster restaurants.

2 cups fat-free baking mix
2/3 cup nonfat cheddar cheese
2/3 cup skim milk.

Mix together. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes

While still hot, brush with mixture of

1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
2 T nonfat milk (or melted "nonfat" margarine. Molly McButter is also
optional)

This isn't real whole foodsy, but it's been useful in getting some
calories in my family.

Thanks!
Kathleen McKernan Whitfield