Growing ginger

Hi, again,

I forgot I had another question.  Someone on this list a while ago posted in
response to those of us who avoid buying fresh ginger because so much of it
goes to waste.  She (Susan?) said you can plant the leftover root in a
convenient indoor pot and it will grow again and the process can be repeated
indefinitely.  Could you, whoever you are, please repost these instructions
for the newbies and the dumbies?  As always, thanks again!