cooking eggplant

I have two methods:

1) Wash the eggplant, and place it on a pan, in a 400F oven for
   an hour or so.  Pull it out, slice lengthwise but not all the
   way, and eat the insides with a spoon.  I also eat the skin, which
   is a little tough and sometimes crunchy but I love it.

2) Wash the eggplant, and slice it into slices approximately 3/8 "
   thick.  Lie them in a non-stick pan, cover with foil, and bake
   at 400F approx an hour.

Both ways are delicious.  I never put any oil or sauce or spices or
cheese on them -- otherwise all I taste is the sauce and not the eggplant!

Have fun with one of my favorite foods,
Ellen
Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	(510) 647-2807
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	(510) 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen