CORRECTION: Cranberry Biscotti, previously published in digest #268

I pulled my recipe from Word, and pasted it into email, and email didn't
know what to do with a few of the characters and replaced them with
question marks. My apologies!  Here is the corrected version:

Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
(vegan)

These have become our latest favorite in our household. Although the recipe
calls for walnuts, skip them and use candied ginger instead, or dried
currants or raisins.

Serving Size: 22
Preparation Time: 60:00

Amount	Ingredient
   3      ounces        walnuts (about 1/2 cup)
   1 1/2  cups          powdered sugar
   2      cups          flour -- ( I use spelt, whole grain)
     1/4  cup           soy flour, defatted
   1      teaspoon      baking powder
     1/4  teaspoon      cinnamon
     1/4  cup           craisins (dried, sweetened cranberries)
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
     1/2  cup           egg replacement -- flax seed liquid*

Mix ingredients together in mixer. (Don't over mix.)

Turn the gooey dough onto a baking pan (spray with pan release like a pan
release agent first). Using a spatula, shape into two logs, about 2.5 to 3
inches wide and 10-12
inches long.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (until dough loses its shine & is
browned a bit.) Remove logs to a cooling rack. Cool for 10 minutes. Slice
logs on a sharp diagonal, cutting about 10-12 slices per log.

Place slices back on cookie sheet, laying cut side down. Bake 10 min. each
at 300 degrees (turning once during second baking).

Remove to rack and completely cool.

* 1 tablespoon flax seed + 3 tablespoons water (boiled, then seed removed)
= 1 egg replacement. You can also use 2 egg whites for each egg called for
in a recipe. This recipe originally called for 2 eggs (whole), plus 2 egg
whites, so the flax liquid required totals 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup (3 T.
per  egg, plus 1 T. per white.)

per biscotti
calories: 105.5
fat: 2.3g
saturated fat: .2
choloesterol: 0g
carbohydrate: 19.1g
dietary fiber: .5g
protein: 2.7g
sodium: 66mg

% of the following vitamins and minerals based on a 2000 calorie per day
diet:
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 5%

variations:
* replace the soy flour with cocoa, and replace the walnuts with hazelnuts.
* replace the walnuts with dried figs and/or currants (this will reduce the
total fat per serving too.)
* use a mixture of flours instead of wheat or spelt-such as rice flour, soy
flour etc.
* replace the soy flour with cornmeal for extra crunchiness and replace the
sugar with 1/3 cup maple syrup
* a real zinger is to replace the walnuts with diced candied ginger