Re: Soup for Thanksgiving

Here is the soup that I am going to make for Thanksgiving.  It's from an old
magazine and I removed the margarine and changed the chicken stock
for veg purposes.  I am also going to try a little maple syrup substitution
for the sugar.  This recipe serves only 2 people, so you'll have to scale it
properly.  If you are interested in seeing the original recipe, it is on the
epicurious web site.  Originally it was for the microwave.  It doesn't get
any easier than this.

Enjoy,
Amy

GINGERED CARROT SOUP

1 tablespoon water
4 carrots (about 3/4 pound), grated coarse
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh gingerroot
3/4 cup vegetable broth, or to taste
2 cups boiling water
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste

Saute the carrots in the water for 2 minutes.  Add the sugar, the
gingerroot, the broth, and the boiling water simmer until the carrots are
tender. In a blender( I use a hand blender) puree the mixture with the
lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and divide the soup between 2
bowls.

Serves 2